Belleayre, NY 04/06/13

jamesdeluxe

Today was almost identical to last Saturday except today was colder (it was down in the high teens overnight) and there were even less people on the hill -- which is odd as there were a fair number of cars in the Overlook parking lot. It felt borderline spooky at times, skiing top-to-bottom runs off the Super Chief quad without seeing anyone. Lift 7 wasn't running, which is the first time I've ever seen that, although you can't blame ORDA for an easy cost-cutting measure at this point in the season.

Because of the really hard freeze overnight, about two inches turned into a nice soft sugar/corn mixture, but below that stayed mostly frozen until we finished at 2:45.
Picture_007.jpg

Picture_006.jpg

Check out the coverage in the trees:
Picture_008.jpg

Picture_009.jpg

On the way back to Route 28, I took a quick run over to Highmount and found that all but the very bottom still had full coverage. If I hadn't been with my son, I would've done a run.
Picture_011.jpg

Picture_010.jpg

My availability for next weekend isn't looking good, so I may have to put a fork in this season: 30 days. The first time I've ever reached that round number.

Last edited:
Back