Austin TX

jasonwx

I know this isn't a travel forum or trip blog.. But I had to write something about Austin. We planned to go to Austin for a 3 days and Bentonville for 3 days. Cancelled Bentonville last min because of the wet forecast.
I'll keep this brief, I have been to pretty much all the major cities in the US. Went expecting a very Texas vibe. Boy was I wrong. This might be the coolest chill place in the US. In my opinion the best culinary city I have ever been too.. Yep better the NOLA. Best party scene I have ever seen. Yep better then NOLA.
Hands down best BBQ I have ever had , best sushi and best taco's..
Oh one more thing, I saw a total of 3 cowboy hats , not one side arm and zero political stickers and one political sign . For Beto

IMG_2075.JPG

View attachment 15165
View attachment 15166
30A18E4E-B142-48D2-800F-031CD7916626.jpeg

1DF848AA-4F46-4021-B907-5B0AC1BB1880.jpeg

I lived in Austin for one year, 1995. I was chasing a girl......long story. LOL

I'm def NOT a city person, but, I enjoyed every single minute II lived there. Everything about the place was cool AF, just as you've already mentioned. SXSW Music Festival was off the hook fun. Best streak I've ever had came from some hole-in-the-wall joint that served steak, potatoes, and Lone Star beer only. Bonnie Raitt just showed up at the bar across from the dealership I worked at and started playing. Bats coming out from the Congress Avenue bridge is a sight to see. UT vs. Oklahoma game was insanely LOUD (Ricky Williams). The entire city shuts down for UT football, no joke. High School football stadiums are true stadiums! Golf was great. Mexican girls have the most beautiful green eyes.

It was fun.
I too like Austin.

I lived in Austin for one year, 1995. I was chasing a girl......long story. LOL

I'm def NOT a city person, but, I enjoyed every single minute II lived there... UT vs. Oklahoma game was insanely LOUD (Ricky Williams). The entire city shuts down for UT football, no joke. High School football stadiums are true stadiums! Golf was great. Mexican girls have the most beautiful green eyes.

It was fun.
I too like Austin.
Austin’s nice, for Texas.

Back