Apple Watch

Harvey

Administrator
Anyone have one?

My wife wants one for her birthday, but her phone is a droid. Does that make it (more) pointless?

Don't get me wrong, the only criteria for her present is that she has to want it.

First result said no but it was a 2020 article. This 2022 article says yes but it starts with pulling SIM cards, which sounds like a nightmare

Be prepared to go back and buy an iPhone too maybe?

I think even when you do that (add the SIM), it is still a compromise? It turns out there is a Samsung watch. So maybe we can get that.

Anyone have one?

My wife wants one for her birthday, but her phone is a droid. Does that make it (more) pointless?

Don't get me wrong, the only criteria for her present is that she has to want it.
i had one till i broke it..yeah i break everything...
you need a Iphone
it will work without but it's a waste..
the best smartwatch besides the apple is the Garmin...fenix series is very good

@Harvey
Apple watch is a no go for android. But plenty of great options from Garmin and Samsung.

My wife has a Apple watch and me Garmin Fenix. If sports activities and fitness data is most important the apple watch isn't even close. Garmin has preloaded apps to support dozens of activities such as elliptical, pickle ball, skiing, mountain biking, road biking, kayaking, paddle boarding, hiking, snowshoeing, climbing and so much more.

If your wife is a golfer then the native Garmin golf app for yardages, score and stat tracking is a vastly superior user experience compared to anything on an apple watch. Apple watch you need to buy a third party app and it also kills the battery.

Plus the health stats on Garmin Connect is way ahead of Apple health.

But as a smart watch to take calls and respond to text messages etc the win definitely goes to apple for now. Since your wife is a Droid user then you need to look at samsung or Google for similar smartwatch features. I don't follow either of those products closely but plenty of you tubers do like DC rainmaker etc.

A friend gave me his older Garmin Fenix for a bit but never put it on my wrist.
Just strapped it to the pushcart for golfing yardages.
Seemed like it would do a lot for outdoors activities.
Garmin knows GPS & satellites. The hounds have Garmin collars.

Back