Whoa. Killington sold.

Jay has all that.
Jay does not have a mountain coaster nor zip lines or tubing. They do have other four season recreational offerings, though. No MTB as KT in the NEK has that locked up, no disc golf either, Smuggs is nearby competition with a top tier DG course.

I'd pay 76 mill for the J cloud alone

Not a penny more

LOL ok big benny
Do tell. Have some inside info how the new bosses are going to run s**t? Maybe the Village is toast. Who knows.

That guy just wants to keep his job. He's doing a virtual job interview.

Difference is Jay is 3.5 hours from Boston with at least 6 maybe up to 10 other mountains that you would pass on your way, where as 7 Springs is 3.5 from DC with 1 other mountain you would pass on your way in. Jay will always be challenged be geography, the Jay Cloud and the terrain are the only thing that keeps it viable.
The primary market for 7Springs isn't DC, it's Pittsburgh. The folks from DC/NoVA drive to Liberty or Whitetail if they want a resort experience. Or Timberline in WV if they can swing a slopeside house and/or want advanced terrain, including trees. More likely to make the drive to Snowshoe (Ikon) than 7Springs (Epic) for a destination resort.

I’m not sure the interconnect has much of a constituency locally. Killington is plenty big enough. Skinners can get in there already if they want to and I imagine the last thing the Pico diehards want is Killington skiers parking there.
That makes sense from a skiing perspective, I just don't know if it makes sense from a bean counting perspective.

I think Pico breaks even but not much more. It's not worth much to a separate entity because it can't compete directly with Killington. I think the only reason Otten kept it so long is because of the interconnect. Otherwise it might've been treated like Haystack and been shut down and sold, with a deed restriction to prevent it from operating. The new owners seem like they plan on keeping Pico pretty much the way it is, as an auxiliary mountain to Killington, with the mid December to early April, 5 day a week operating schedule.

I think Pico breaks even but not much more. It's not worth much to a separate entity because it can't compete directly with Killington. I think the only reason Otten kept it so long is because of the interconnect. Otherwise it might've been treated like Haystack and been shut down and sold, with a deed restriction to prevent it from operating. The new owners seem like they plan on keeping Pico pretty much the way it is, as an auxiliary mountain to Killington, with the mid December to early April, 5 day a week operating schedule.
Why would anybody buy the place if deed restricted to not operate it?

It's closed midweek, anyway. Has become the skinning capital of the area.

I almost bought a condo there about ten years ago. 50 grand for a small renovated one bedroom, right at the base. Even if the hill shut down, it would've been a buy.

Doesn't having Pico next door help to decrease lift lines a bit at K'ton on weekends? Clearly makes a difference during Pres. Day week when Pico is open all week.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 at 3.59.19 PM.png

Back