Whoa. Killington sold.

No way they're spending all that money so everyone can go park down at Pico.
I spoke with Mike Solimano last year regarding parking as I had heard that there wouldn't be parking next to the new K 1 lodge when the village was built out and he said that was false. 🤷‍♂️

I think 7 Springs is a lot more than the skiing. I believe the hotels and indoor water park, tubing hill, mountain coaster, probably a zippy thing yada yada is all part of that package. I imagine that’s why it’s more expensive and might even be more profitable than Hunter.
This reminded me of a conversation we overheard decades ago during college winter break while skiing at Killington midweek. I was skiing with a bunch of college buddies and ski team teammates. It was after New Years and the place was empty. There was about 8-10 inches of snow down and it was still snowing when we went in for lunch. The skiing was great.

Just behind us was another table of guys, some in their Pittsburgh Steeler Starter Jackets, discussing how tough the Killington trails were and how bad the grooming was compared to Seven Springs and how they were wiped out. They clearly did not know how to deal with the powder. Somebody mentioned going in - but somebody else said Killington sucks as there is nothing to do. He then continued that at least at Seven Springs they could go bowling.

When we heard the bowling comment we could not stop laughing. Here we are, lucking out with a midweek powder day at Killington and these clowns were bummed about the lack of bowling. When we went back out some wise ass told them there was a great bowling alley in Rutland. To this day when I see one of those guys we laugh about the lack of bowling.

One of the most unexpected things I found at Belle Plagne, a small "village" we stayed at La Plagne in France, in the giant Paridiski, was a four lane bowling alley. I mean, we were basically an assemblage of buildings built around a tram mid station. I'd love to know how they keep it level. It's on a side of an alpine mountain.
There was an awesome wine shop/bakery/cheese and meat shop next door, too.

Last edited:
I don't mountain bike anymore, but I am told they have become quite the place to do that in the last decade. I think it's because they've figured out how to design trails for the family/middle market.

One of the few mountains that sells a 365 day pass.
Killington is certainly the real deal for downhill mountain biking. They brought in Gravity Logic which planned, designed and built the MTB trails. GL's done a lot of projects at big mountains throughout the US and CA including the Whistler bike park, so I guess they're a pretty big deal trail builder.

I only have the skills to ride the greens and a couple blues there but it's definitely really nice. On top of that they have a pretty nice golf course. A couple years ago my wife and I made the 5 hour drive to ride and golf a couple days. It was nice and way quieter in the summer and I'd recommend it to any rider/golfer.

If the NE winters keep trending the way they have then getting more riding and other snowless activities will be critical for their long term survival.

This reminded me of a conversation we overheard decades ago during college winter break while skiing at Killington midweek. I was skiing with a bunch of college buddies and ski team teammates. It was after New Years and the place was empty. There was about 8-10 inches of snow down and it was still snowing when we went in for lunch. The skiing was great.

Just behind us was another table of guys, some in their Pittsburgh Steeler Starter Jackets, discussing how tough the Killington trails were and how bad the grooming was compared to Seven Springs and how they were wiped out. They clearly did not know how to deal with the powder. Somebody mentioned going in - but somebody else said Killington sucks as there is nothing to do. He then continued that at least at Seven Springs they could go bowling.

When we heard the bowling comment we could not stop laughing. Here we are, lucking out with a midweek powder day at Killington and these clowns were bummed about the lack of bowling. When we went back out some wise ass told them there was a great bowling alley in Rutland. To this day when I see one of those guys we laugh about the lack of bowling.
Too funny 🤣

I’m not sure the interconnect has much of a constituency locally. Killington is plenty big enough. Skinners can get in there already if they want to and I imagine the last thing the Pico diehards want is Killington skiers parking there.

Killington is certainly the real deal for downhill mountain biking. They brought in Gravity Logic which planned, designed and built the MTB trails. GL's done a lot of projects at big mountains throughout the US and CA including the Whistler bike park, so I guess they're a pretty big deal trail builder.

I only have the skills to ride the greens and a couple blues there but it's definitely really nice. On top of that they have a pretty nice golf course. A couple years ago my wife and I made the 5 hour drive to ride and golf a couple days. It was nice and way quieter in the summer and I'd recommend it to any rider/golfer.

If the NE winters keep trending the way they have then getting more riding and other snowless activities will be critical for their long term survival.
I golfed there many moons ago. Almost impossible to walk, but, nice. Mountain golf is different.

Some of the MTB berms have changed the tree skiing in some places. Too bad they are too tight to ski.

I spoke with Mike Solimano last year regarding parking as I had heard that there wouldn't be parking next to the new K 1 lodge when the village was built out and he said that was false. 🤷‍♂️
Well, that was then. Who knows, now. New bosses in town.

Back